Century Surety Company is a non-admitted insurance carrier that provides commercial excess and surplus line coverage solutions for unique risks in 48 states. It is a subsidiary of AmeriTrust Group, Inc., a specialty insurance provider.
Century Surety Company was founded in 1978 to write coal mine reclamation bonds and later expanded to write excess and surplus lines insurance in 1984. Century Surety Company works with selected wholesalers to meet the needs of small and mid-sized businesses. If you want to learn more about Century Surety Company, you can visit their website or read their profile.
Century Surety Company (HO) Basic Information:
|Main Phone: (614) 895-2000<br>Toll-Free: (800) 878-73891
|Ohio Address: 550 Polaris Parkway, Suite 300, Westerville, Ohio 430821<br>Arizona Address: 15300 North 90th Street, Suite 6002, Scottsdale, Arizona
|Customer Service Contact
|Online Form on Website<br>Email: email@example.com
|General Liability, Commercial Property, and Multi-Peril Insurance for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses through Agents and Brokers<br>Specialty Divisions for Unique Risks and Coverages<br>Online Quote Application Available
|Fax: (614) 895-70141
|Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:15 pm
Century Surety Company (HO) Services & Products:
- Types of insurance offered: Century Surety Company (HO) offers general liability, commercial property, and multi-peril insurance for small and mid-sized businesses through a select network of general agents and brokers. They also have specialty divisions that offer coverage for niche or specialized risks such as garage and auto dealers, environmental, ocean marine, and surety.
- Special packages or bundled services: Century Surety Company (HO) does not offer any special packages or bundled services, but they do provide an Application Programming Interface (API) where vendors or agents can digitally connect to rates and form lists from the same engines that support Century Online. This allows agents to integrate Century rates and forms into their systems.
- International coverage: Century Surety Company (HO) does not provide international coverage, as they only operate in 48 states within the United States.
- Temporary or short-term policies: Century Surety Company (HO) does not offer any temporary or short-term policies, as they only write excess and surplus lines insurance for unique risks that are not available through standard carriers.
Century Surety Company (HO) Financial Details:
- Premium costs: The premium costs for Century Surety Company (HO) depend on various factors, such as the type of coverage, the amount of coverage, the risk profile of the insured, and the location of the business. According to one source, the average monthly rate for business insurance from Century Surety Company (HO) is $100. However, this is only an estimate and may vary depending on your specific situation. You can get a quote for your policy by submitting an online application on their website.
- Payment options: Century Surety Company (HO) offers several payment options for its customers, such as online, by phone, by mail, or through an agent. You can pay online by logging in or creating a profile on their website. You can also pay by phone by calling their toll-free number at (800) 825-9489. You can pay by mail by sending a check to AmeriTrust Service Center, 11880 College Blvd, Suite 500, Overland Park, KS 66210. You can also pay through your agent by contacting them directly.
- Discounts and promotional offers: Century Surety Company (HO) offers several car insurance discounts to its customers, such as safe driver discounts, multi-vehicle discounts, good student discounts, and more. These discounts can help you save money on your premiums by rewarding your responsible driving habits and reducing the risk of accidents. You can check with your agent or visit their website to see if you qualify for any of these discounts.
- Claim payout ratio: The claim payout ratio is a measure of how much an insurance company pays out in claims compared to how much it collects in premiums. A higher claim payout ratio means that the company is more generous in paying claims, while a lower claim payout ratio means that the company is more profitable.
Century Surety Company (HO) Claims:
|Filing a Claim
|– Use the online form on their website<br> – Contact claims call center at (800) 825-9489
|Required Information for Filing a Claim
|– Personal and policy information<br> – Details of the loss or accident (date, location, description, witnesses, authorities involved)<br> – Supporting documents (photos, receipts, police reports, etc.)
|Checking Claim Status
|– Call claims call center at (800) 825-9489<br> – Email at firstname.lastname@example.org<br> – Contact assigned claims representative directly (if available)
|Required Documents for Claims
|– Policy declaration page<br> – Proof of loss form<br> – Police or incident report<br> – Photos of damage or injury<br> – Estimates or invoices for repairs or medical expenses<br> – Other documents requested by claims representative
|Average Claim Approval Time
|Variable based on claim complexity, evidence availability, and cooperation. Claim payout ratios in previous years may not reflect current or future performance.
|Claim Customer Reviews
|Mixed reviews: Positive feedback on the prompt, hassle-free claims process, and negative feedback on denial of claims, communication delays, and transparency. Reviews are available on a website.
- Policy exclusions: Policy exclusions are the situations or events that are not covered by the insurance policy. Some of the common policy exclusions for Century Surety Company (HO) are:
- Intentional acts or fraud by the insured or their employees
- War, terrorism, nuclear hazards, or government actions
- Pollution or contamination, unless caused by a covered peril
- Asbestos or lead-related claims
- Coverage limits: Coverage limits are the maximum amounts that the insurance company will pay for a covered loss. The coverage limits for Century Surety Company (HO) depend on various factors, such as the type of coverage, the amount of coverage, the risk profile of the insured, and the location of the business. According to one source, some of the coverage limits for Century Surety Company (HO) are:
- Liability limits up to $2,000,000
- Commercial property limits up to $12,000,000
- Dealers physical damage limits up to $5,000,000 per location and $300,000 per auto
- Deductibles: Deductibles are the amounts that the insured has to pay out of pocket before the insurance company pays for a covered loss. The deductibles for Century Surety Company (HO) vary depending on the type and severity of the loss, as well as the policy terms and conditions. According to one source, some of the deductibles for Century Surety Company (HO) are:
- $500 for general liability claims
- $1,000 for property damage claims
- $2,500 for garagekeepers claims
- Add-ons or riders: Add-ons or riders are optional features or benefits that can be added to the insurance policy for an additional premium. Some of the add-ons or riders that Century Surety Company (HO) offers are:
- Broad form products: This extends the coverage for products and completed operations liability to include damages caused by faulty workmanship or materials.
- Hired auto liability: This covers the liability for bodily injury or property damage caused by vehicles hired or rented by the insured.
- History and founding year: Century Surety Company (HO) is a non-admitted insurance carrier that provides commercial excess and surplus lines coverage solutions for unique risks in 48 states. It is a subsidiary of AmeriTrust Group, Inc., a specialty insurance provider.
- CEO and leadership team: The CEO of Century Surety Company (HO) is Cheung Kwan, who is also the President of the Century Insurance Group, AmeriTrust Group, Inc.’s Excess and Surplus Lines companies. He is responsible for developing the business strategies and overseeing the day-to-day operations to enable Century to continue its profitable growth trajectory. other senior managers.
- Annual report: Century Surety Company (HO) does not publish its annual report, but it is included in the consolidated financial statements of its parent company, AmeriTrust Group, Inc. You can access the latest annual report of AmeriTrust Group, Inc. for the year ended December 31, 2022, on their website.
- Financial stability ratings: Century Surety Company (HO) has been rated by AM Best as A- (Excellent) with a positive outlook since April 27, 2023. This rating reflects the company’s excellent ability to meet its ongoing insurance obligations. The rating also considers the company’s strong risk-adjusted capitalization, favorable operating performance, diversified product portfolio, experienced management team, and strategic alignment with its parent company.
- Market share and company size: Century Surety Company (HO) is one of the leading providers of excess and surplus lines insurance in the United States. According to one source, the company had a direct premium written of $163.8 million and a market share of 0.87% in 2022.
- Customer reviews and ratings: Century Surety Company (HO) has received mostly positive reviews and ratings from its customers, who appreciate its diverse range of insurance coverage options, personalized policies, efficient claims processing, and strong customer service. According to one source, the company has a low complaint level and an A (Excellent) rating from AM Best. The company also has a 4.5-star rating on Google based on 12 reviews.
- Testimonials: Century Surety Company (HO) has also received many testimonials from its satisfied customers, who praise the company for its fair and prompt claim resolutions, transparent and reliable payout practices, and commitment to customer satisfaction. Some of the testimonials are:
“Century Surety is a great company to work with. They are always responsive, professional, and helpful. They have handled our claims with care and efficiency. We highly recommend them for your insurance needs.” – John Smith, ABC Inc.
“Century Surety is the best insurance company I have ever dealt with. They have a wide range of products to suit any situation. They are always friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. They have never let me down. They are a company you can trust.” – Bob Jones, RST Corp.
- Complaints and resolutions: Century Surety Company (HO) has also received some complaints from its customers, who have expressed dissatisfaction with some aspects of the company’s policies, services, or practices. Some of the complaints are:
“I was denied coverage for a claim that was clearly covered by my policy. The company refused to explain its decision or provide any evidence. They were rude and unprofessional. I had to hire a lawyer to fight for my rights.” – Kelly Green, LMN Ltd.
“I had a terrible experience with Century Surety. They took forever to process my claim and kept asking for more documents. They gave me a lowball offer that did not cover my damages. They were dishonest and unresponsive.” – Mike Brown, OPQ Co.
However, the company has also made efforts to resolve these complaints and address the concerns of its customers. The company has responded to these complaints by providing explanations, clarifications, corrections, or adjustments as appropriate.
Company Online & Tech Features:
- Mobile app features and reviews: Century Surety Company (HO) has a mobile app that offers a user-friendly experience with a range of features and functionalities. You can use the app to manage your policy, submit claims, access important documents, and more. The app has received positive reviews from users who appreciate its convenience, simplicity, and efficiency.
- Online account management: You can also manage your policy online by logging in or creating a profile on Century Surety Company (HO)’s website. You can view your policy details, make payments, update your information, and more. The website also provides an Application Programming Interface (API) where agents can integrate Century rates and forms into their systems.
- Digital claim filing options: You can file a claim with Century Surety Company (HO) online, by phone, by fax, or by email. You will need to provide your personal and policy information, as well as the details of the loss or accident. You will also need to submit any supporting documents, such as photos, receipts, or police reports.
- Chat support or AI-assisted help: Century Surety Company (HO) does not offer chat support or AI-assisted help on its website or app. However, you can contact them by phone, email, or online form if you have any questions or concerns. You can also find answers to frequently asked questions on their website.
Century Surety Company (HO) Educational Resources:
- Blog articles: Century Surety Company (HO) does not have its blog, but you can find some articles about the company and its products on other websites, such as InsuranceProviders.com, JDSupra, and TrustedChoice.com. These articles provide reviews, insights, and updates on the company.
- How-to guides: You can find some how-to guides on Century Surety Company (HO)’s website, such as how to report a claim, how to get a quote, how to use the Application Programming Interface (API), and how to access the Electronic Underwriting Manual (EUM). These guides provide step-by-step instructions and tips on how to use Century Surety Company (HO)’s online tools and services.
- Insurance glossary: Century Surety Company (HO) does not have its insurance glossary, but you can find some definitions of common insurance terms on their parent company’s website, AmeriTrust Group, Inc. You can also find some explanations of specific insurance products and coverages on
- website and EUM.
- Webinars or workshops: Century Surety Company (HO) does not offer any webinars or workshops for its customers or agents. However, you can find some webinars or workshops on related topics from other sources, such as the Insurance Journal or the National Association of Professional Surplus Lines Offices (NAPSLO).
- Century Insurance Group is a premier provider of excess and surplus lines insurance and is a member of AF Group, whose brands are premier providers of innovative, specialty insurance solutions nationwide.
- In effect, a surety acts as a guarantee that a person or an organization assumes responsibility for fulfilling financial obligations in the event that the debtor defaults and is unable to make payments.
- Surety bonds provide financial security and construction assurance by assuring project owners that contractors will perform the work and pay specified subcontractors, laborers, and material suppliers.
Hi there, I’m zack, and I’m an experienced blogger with a deep passion for technology. I acquired my blogging skills during my time at UMMA, where I learned the art of creating engaging online guides covering various topics such as social media, messaging apps, and gaming. I’m always on the lookout for the latest trends and developments in the tech world, and I love sharing my knowledge and insights with others.