Clermont Insurance Company is one of the subsidiaries of Berkley Luxury Group, a niche market provider of insurance solutions for luxury condo, co-op and rental properties along with fine dining restaurants.
Clermont Insurance Company specializes in offering package policies for upscale condominiums and cooperative apartment buildings in New York City.
In this article, we will review the company’s basic information, services and products, financial details, claims, coverage details, company details, customer experiences, online and tech features, agents and brokers, legal and compliance, partnerships and affiliates.
|Clermont Insurance Company
|Rutherford, New Jersey
|1 Meadowlands Plaza Suite 1510, Rutherford, NJ 07070
|Customer Service Contact
|Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST
|Available on the website or through an agent/broker
Services & Products
- Property insurance: This covers the building structure, common areas, equipment breakdown, business income, ordinance or law, flood, earthquake, and terrorism.
- General liability insurance: This covers bodily injury and property damage liability, personal and advertising injury liability, medical payments, fire legal liability, employee benefits liability, and liquor liability.
- Umbrella liability insurance: This provides excess liability coverage over the primary general liability and auto liability policies.
- Directors and officers liability insurance: This covers the personal liability of the board members and officers of the condo or co-op association for wrongful acts or omissions in their capacity as such.
- Crime insurance: This covers employee dishonesty, forgery or alteration, theft of money and securities, robbery or safe burglary, computer fraud, funds transfer fraud, and money orders and counterfeit money.
- Fidelity bond insurance: This covers the loss of money or property due to dishonest acts of employees or volunteers of the condo or co-op association.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: This covers the medical expenses and lost wages of employees who are injured or become ill on the job.
- Auto insurance: This covers the liability and physical damage of vehicles owned or used by the condo or co-op association.
The company also considers the coverage limits, deductibles, add-ons or riders, and discounts that the customer chooses.
The company does not disclose its premium rates online but provides quotes upon request.
Customers can pay their premiums monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.
Customers can also choose to pay by check, credit card, electronic funds transfer (EFT), or online bill pay.
- Multi-policy discount: Customers who purchase more than one policy from the company can save up to 15% on their premiums.
- Loss-free discount: Customers who have no claims for three consecutive years can save up to 10% on their premiums.
- Safety discount: Customers who implement loss prevention measures such as sprinklers, alarms, security cameras, fire extinguishers, etc. can save up to 10% on their premiums.
- Loyalty discount: Customers who renew their policies with the company can save up to 5% on their premiums.
Clermont Insurance Company has a high claim payout ratio.
The company pays out more than 90% of its premium income in claims every year.
The company prides itself on its fast and fair claim settlement process.
Clermont Insurance Company has a simple and convenient claim process for its customers.
Customers can report a claim by calling the company’s toll-free number (800) 448-4180 or by filling out an online form.
Customers can also contact their agent or broker to report a claim.
Clermont Insurance Company provides claim status updates to its customers via phone, email, or online.
Customers can also check their claim status by logging into their online account or by calling the company’s claim service center.
Clermont Insurance Company requires certain documents for claims depending on the type and extent of the loss. S
ome of the documents that the company may require are:
- Police report
- Fire report
- Photos or videos of the damage
- Repair estimates
- Receipts or invoices
- Proof of ownership or occupancy
- Medical records or bills
- Witness statements
Clermont Insurance Company has various policy exclusions, coverage limits, deductibles, and add-ons or riders for its customers.
Customers should read their policy documents carefully and understand what is covered and what is not covered by their insurance.
Some of the policy exclusions that the company has are:
- War or terrorism (except as required by law)
- Nuclear hazard
- Mold or fungus
- Wear and tear or deterioration
- Intentional or fraudulent acts
- Governmental action or seizure
- Earth movement (except as covered by earthquake insurance)
- Water damage (except as covered by flood insurance)
Clermont Insurance Company was founded in 2005 as a subsidiary of Berkley Luxury Group, which is a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 company that provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance products and services.
The company’s leadership team also includes Robert J. Joyce as the executive vice president and chief operating officer, Michael J. O’Connell as the senior vice president and chief underwriting officer, and David J. DeMuro as the senior vice president and chief claims officer.
Online & Tech Features
Clermont Insurance Company has a user-friendly and secure website, where customers can access various online and tech features such as:
- Mobile app features and reviews: The company has a mobile app for iOS and Android devices, where customers can view their policy details, pay their premiums, file a claim, contact an agent or broker, access educational resources, etc. The app has positive reviews from users who appreciate its convenience, functionality, and design.
- Online account management: Customers can create an online account on the company’s website, where they can manage their policies, payments, claims, documents, etc.
- Digital claim filing options: Customers can file a claim online through the company’s website or mobile app, where they can upload photos or videos of the damage, provide information about the loss, track their claim status, etc.
Partnerships & Affiliates
Some of the partnerships and affiliates that the company has are:
- Partnered businesses: The company partners with businesses such as auto repair shops, hospitals, etc. that offer discounts or benefits to its customers who use their services.
- Affiliated service providers: The company affiliates with service providers such as lawyers, accountants, appraisers, etc. that offer professional advice or assistance to its customers who need their services.
- Sponsorships and collaborations: The company sponsors and collaborates with organizations such as charities, associations, events, etc. that support causes or initiatives that align with the company’s vision and values.
ALSO READ: Direct Insurance Company: A Comprehensive Review
ALSO READ: Diamond Insurance Company: Basic Information, Services & Products, Finacial Details, Claims