Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company is one of the providers of excess and surplus lines insurance in the United States.
In this blog post, we will review the company’s history, products, services, financial performance, coverage details, claims process, and customer experiences.
We will also provide some basic information about the company and answer some frequently asked questions.
Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company Overview
History and founding year: Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company was founded in 1974 as a subsidiary of Bankers Life Holding Corporation.
CEO and leadership team: The company does not have a CEO or a leadership team at the moment, as it is under the supervision of the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
The Commissioner of Insurance of the State of North Carolina, Mike Causey, is the Rehabilitator of the company, and he has appointed Noble Consulting Services, Inc. to serve as Special Deputy Rehabilitator to oversee the rehabilitation process.
Market share and company size: The company has a market share of 0.02% in the U.S. life insurance industry, with $1.2 billion in total assets and $1 billion in total liabilities as of December 31, 2019.
Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company Contacts
Here is a table that provides some basic information about the company:
|P.O. Box 11609 Winston-Salem, NC 27116
|Customer Service Contact
|Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company Services & Products
- Types of insurance offered: The company offers excess and surplus lines insurance for commercial risks that are hard to place in the standard market. These include annuities, life insurance, accident and health insurance, and specialty insurance.
- Special packages or bundled services: The company does not offer any special packages or bundled services at this time.
- International coverage: The company does not offer any international coverage at this time.
- Temporary or short-term policies: The company does not offer any temporary or short-term policies at this time.
Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company Financial Details
Premium costs: The premium costs vary depending on the type, amount, and duration of the policy, as well as the age, health, and risk profile of the policyholder.
Payment options: The company accepts payments by credit card, electronic check, mail, or phone.
Discounts and promotional offers: The company does not offer any discounts or promotional offers at this time.
Claim payout ratio: The claim payout ratio is the percentage of premiums that are paid out as claims to policyholders.
Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company Coverage Details
Policy exclusions: Policy exclusions are the situations or events that are not covered by the policy.
The policy exclusions vary depending on the type and terms of the policy. Some common exclusions are suicide, fraud, war, illegal activities, pre-existing conditions, and acts of God.
Coverage limits: Coverage limits are the maximum amounts that the policy will pay out in case of a claim. The coverage limits vary depending on the type and terms of the policy.
Some common coverage limits are death benefit, cash value, surrender value, annuity payments, and benefit periods.
Deductibles: Deductibles are the amounts that the policyholder has to pay out of pocket before the policy pays out any benefits. The deductibles vary depending on the type and terms of the policy.
Some common deductibles are medical expenses, hospitalization costs, prescription drugs, and co-payments.
Add-ons or riders: Add-ons or riders are optional features that can be added to the policy for an additional cost. They provide extra benefits or coverage that are not included in the base policy.
Some common add-ons or riders are accidental death benefit, disability income benefit, waiver of premium benefit, and guaranteed insurability benefit.
Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company Claims
Claim process: To file a claim with Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company, the policyholder or beneficiary can use one of the following methods:
- Online: They can file a claim online by using the Report a Claim tool on the company’s website. They will need to provide some basic information about themselves, their policy, and their loss. They can also upload any supporting documents or photos that they have.
- Email: They can email their claim information to email@example.com. They will need to include their name, policy number, date of loss, type of loss, contact information, and any supporting documents or photos that they have.
- Fax: They can fax their claim information to (336) 759-3141. They will need to include their name, policy number, date of loss, type of loss, contact information, and any supporting documents or photos that they have.
- Phone: They can call the company’s claims department at (833) 658-2841 and report their claim verbally. They will need to provide some basic information about themselves, their policy, and their loss. They may also be asked to send any supporting documents or photos that they have.
Required documents for claims: The required documents for claims vary depending on the type and terms of the policy and the nature and extent of the loss. Some common documents for claims are death certificate, proof of identity, proof of relationship, medical records, police reports, receipts, invoices, and estimates.
Average claim approval time: The average claim approval time varies depending on the complexity and validity of the claim and the availability and accuracy of the required documents. The company aims to process claims as quickly as possible, but it may take several weeks or months to complete the claim review and payment.
Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company Customer Experiences
According to Birdeye, Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company has a 1.9 star rating with 57 reviews.
This means that the company has received mostly negative feedback from its customers, with some positive and some neutral comments.
Some of the positive reviews praise the company for its professionalism, responsiveness, and helpfulness.
Some of the negative reviews complain about the company’s poor communication, slow claims process, and rude customer service.
Q: What is the status of my insurance company?
Q: How does rehabilitation affect my policy?
Q: How can I access my policy information?
A: You can access your policy information by logging into your online account on the company’s website.
Q: How can I contact my insurance company?
A: You can contact your insurance company by using one of the following methods:
- Phone: (833) 658-2841
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (336) 759-3141
- Mail: P.O. Box 11609 Winston-Salem, NC 27116
- Allstate Insurance Company Illinois (IL)Profile
- AGC Life Insurance Company: Missouri
- The 5-Step Strategy on how to dispute a false insurance claim
- Assured Life Association, Colorado: Membership, Benefits, Claims, Reviews, Financials
I’m Jose, a business enthusiast and an expert in the insurance field. As a graduate of Eastern University in Business Administration, I have gained significant knowledge insurance. Join me as we delve into everything you need to know about insurance.