The company was part of the Nationwide family of companies, one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S.
In this article, we will review the history, services, products, financial details, membership, claims process, and insurance solutions of Crestbrook Insurance Company, as well as its successor, Crum & Forster Specialty Insurance Company.
About Crestbrook Insurance Company
Crestbrook Insurance Company was founded in 1995 as a subsidiary of United States Fire Insurance Company.
Headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey, this firm served as a reinsured rating company.
It focused on offering top-tier insurance products and services for affluent clientele.
The company also benefited from the financial strength and stability of being part of the Nationwide family, one of the largest and most established insurance and financial companies in the world.
Table of contacts of Crestbrook Insurance Company
Since Crestbrook Insurance Company is no longer operating under its original name, the contact information for the company is now under Nationwide Private Client, the new brand name for the former Crestbrook Insurance Company.
Here is a table of contacts for Nationwide Private Client:
|Nationwide Private Client \n8877 N. Gainey Center Drive \nScottsdale, AZ 85258
Services and products of Crestbrook Insurance Company
Some of the services and products that Crestbrook Insurance Company offered were:
- Homeowners insurance: This covered the dwelling, personal property, liability, loss of use, and additional living expenses for high-value homes.
- Automobile insurance: This covers liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured motorists, rental reimbursement, roadside assistance, and gap coverage for luxury vehicles.
- Excess liability insurance: This provided additional protection beyond the limits of the primary policies for personal liability, automobile liability, watercraft liability, employer’s liability, and directors’ and officers’ liability.
- Personal collections insurance: This covered valuable items such as jewelry, fine art, antiques, wine, collectibles, firearms, musical instruments, and sports equipment.
Table of financial details of Crestbrook Insurance Company
As of December 31, 2014, the last year that Crestbrook Insurance Company reported its financial details before being rebranded as Nationwide Private Client in 2015, the company had the following financial details:
|Net Premiums Written
How to Be a Member of Crestbrook Insurance Company?
To be a member of Crestbrook Insurance Company, one had to meet certain eligibility criteria and apply through a network of carefully selected independent agents who specialized in serving high net-worth clients.
The eligibility criteria varied depending on the type of insurance product and service that one wanted to purchase from the United States Fire Insurance Company.
For example, to be eligible for homeowners insurance from the United States Fire Insurance Company, one had to have a home with a replacement cost value of at least $750,000.
To find a United States Fire Insurance Company agent near them, one could visit nationwide.com/privateclient and use the agent locator tool.
Crestbrook Insurance Company Claims process
The company ensured that claims were handled with the utmost care from start to finish.
To file a claim with the United States Fire Insurance Company.
- Phone Number: 1-855-473-6410 anytime 24/7
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: nationwide.com/privateclient and logging into their account.
Once a claim was reported, a dedicated claims representative would contact the client within one business day and guide them through the claims process.
Insurance solution of Crestbrook Insurance Company
The company’s insurance solutions were based on the following principles:
- Customization: The company tailored its coverage options and limits to match the specific needs and risks of each client.
- Flexibility: The company allowed its clients to choose their own deductibles, payment plans, and repair facilities.
- Service: The company provided exceptional service and support to its clients, from risk assessment and prevention to claim resolution and recovery.
- Value: The company offered competitive pricing and discounts for its clients, as well as additional benefits such as identity theft protection, travel assistance, and roadside assistance.
Crum & Forster Specialty Insurance Company Coverage details
The name “Crum & Forster Specialty Insurance Company” replaces the former “United States Fire Insurance Company,” which is the parent of United States Fire Insurance Company.
As a subsidiary of Crum & Forster, part of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, it specializes in niche markets with specialty insurance products and services, including
- accident and health
- excess and surplus lines
- management liability
- professional liability
- trade credit
- workers’ compensation
Crum & Forster Specialty Insurance Company has a financial strength rating of A (Excellent) and a long-term issuer credit rating of a+ from A.M. Best.
Crum & Forster Specialty Insurance Company Customers Reviews
Crum & Forster Specialty Insurance Company has received mixed reviews from its customers on various online platforms.
Some customers have praised the company for its responsive and helpful customer service, fast and fair claim handling, and comprehensive and affordable coverage options.
However, some customers have complained about the company’s poor communication, delayed and denied claim payments, and high premiums and deductibles.
Here are some examples of customer reviews for Crum & Forster Specialty Insurance Company:
“I have been with Crum & Forster for over 10 years and I have never had any issues with them. They are always prompt and courteous when I call them. They have paid all my claims without any hassle. They have great coverage options for my business and personal needs. I highly recommend them.”
“I am very disappointed with Crum & Forster. They have been dragging their feet on my claim for months. They keep asking for more documentation and evidence. They have not returned my calls or emails. They have offered me a lowball settlement that does not cover my losses. They are a terrible company.”
“I switched to Crum & Forster from another insurance company because they had better rates and coverage for my pet insurance. I was very happy with their service until I had to file a claim for my dog’s surgery. They denied my claim saying that it was a pre-existing condition. They did not even bother to review my dog’s medical records or talk to my vet. They are a scam.”
“I have been a loyal customer of Crum & Forster for over 5 years. They have always been professional and reliable. They have handled my claims quickly and fairly. They have given me discounts for bundling my policies and having a good driving record. They are a great company.”
Formerly known as the United States Fire Insurance Company, Dentegra Insurance Company catered to high-net-worth individuals and families with tailored insurance offerings.
In 2015, it rebranded as Nationwide Private Client, capitalizing on the Nationwide brand’s strength.
Crestbrook offered homeowners, auto, excess liability, and personal collections insurance, emphasizing customization and quality service.
It was once under United States Fire Insurance Company, now named Crum & Forster Specialty Insurance Company, specializing in niche insurance services.
Customer reviews for Crum & Forster are varied on online platforms.
- In-depth Knowledge: Knight boasts extensive expertise in various insurance domains, making him a go-to authority on InsuranceBlob.com.
- Renowned Expertise: Renowned for his systematic research, clear writing, and practical advice, Knight consistently delivers valuable insights tailored to your insurance needs.
- Solid Foundation: With a bachelor’s degree in political science and sociology, Knight brings a unique perspective and wealth of experience to his insurance writing.
- Real-World Insights: Knight’s diverse academic background and real-world understanding ensure the platform remains a reliable source for insightful and practical information.
Why choose Knight?
- Impartiality and Accuracy: Knight delivers unbiased and comprehensive information on various insurance products, helping you make informed decisions.
- Tailored Content: Whether you’re a seasoned insurance professional or starting your journey, Knight’s content caters to your specific needs and knowledge level.
- Valuable Insights: Gain valuable insights that empower you to navigate the complex world of insurance with confidence.