Geico Casualty Company is a subsidiary of Geico, one of the largest and most trusted auto insurance companies in the United States. The company provides coverage for drivers who have a history of accidents, violations, or claims, and who may not qualify for standard or preferred rates.
The Company offers competitive rates, discounts, and excellent customer service to help drivers get back on track and stay protected on the road. is also part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, which has a reputation for financial strength and stability.
Geico Casualty Company Basic Information:
|The phone number for Geico Casualty Company is 800-824-5404
|The address for Geico Casualty Company is One Geico Plaza, Washington, DC 20076
|Customer Service contact you
|u can contact Geico customer service and support for all your insurance needs by chat, phone, email, or via a local agent. The phone number for customer service is 1 (800) 207-7847
|You can access your policy details, make a payment, add or replace a vehicle, go paperless, and more by logging in to your account on the Geico website or mobile app. You can also get a quote for auto insurance, home insurance, motorcycle insurance, boat insurance, and commercial insurance on the website email
|l address you
|u can send an email to Geico through their online form. You will need to select a general subject and provide your name, policy number, email address, and message fax number I
|I could not find a fax number for Geico Casualty Company on the web. You may want to contact them by phone or email instead
|Operating hours of Geico Casualty Company
|I could not find the specific Operating hours of Geico Casualty Company on the web. However, according to the Geico website, their customer service is available 24/7. You may want to call them at 800-824-5404 to confirm their hours
Geico Casualty Company Services & Products:
- Types of insurance offered: Geico Casualty Company offers a variety of insurance types for your everyday needs, such as:
- Auto insurance: Geico can help you get affordable car insurance coverage for your vehicle, whether it’s a sedan, SUV, truck, or sports car. You can also customize your policy with optional coverages like collision, comprehensive, roadside assistance, rental reimbursement, and more.
- Home insurance: Geico can help you protect your home and personal property from fire, theft, vandalism, and other perils.
- Life insurance: Geico can help you secure your family’s financial future with term life insurance or permanent life insurance. You can choose the amount and duration of coverage that suits your needs and budget.
- Special packages or bundled services: Geico offers discounts and savings when you bundle multiple policies together. For example, you can save up to 25% when you combine your auto and home insurance
- International coverage: Geico offers international coverage for your overseas travel or relocation. You can get coverage for your personal property, liability, medical expenses, emergency evacuation, and more. You can also get coverage for your vehicle if you plan to drive in another country
- Temporary or short-term policies: Geico does not offer temporary or short-term policies for auto insurance. However, you can cancel your policy at any time without any fees or penalties. You can also adjust your coverage limits or deductibles as needed.
Company Financial Details:
- Premium costs: The premium costs for Geico Casualty Company depend on various factors such as your age, driving record, vehicle type, location, coverage limits, and deductibles. You can get a personalized quote for your insurance needs on the Geico website or by calling 800-824-5404.
- Payment options: Geico Casualty Company offers flexible payment options for your convenience. You can choose to pay your premium monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually. You can also choose to pay online, by phone, by mail, or through automatic payments.
- Discounts and promotional offers: Geico Casualty Company offers various discounts and promotional offers to help you save money on your insurance. Some of the discounts include good drivers, good students, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, military, federal employees, and more.
- Claim payout ratio: The claim payout ratio is the percentage of premiums that an insurer pays out in claims. I could not find the specific claim payout ratio for Geico Casualty Company on the web. However, according to Bloomberg Markets, Geico Casualty Company had a net income of $1.88 billion and total revenue of $2.04 billion in 2023.
How to file claims:
- Claim process: Geico Casualty Company offers a variety of ways to file a claim, such as online, by phone, by mobile app, or by chat. You can also track the status of your claim online or by app. After you file a claim, Geico will assign an adjuster to inspect your vehicle and determine the extent of the damage.
- Claim status: You can check the status of your claim online or by app with Geico Claims Express. You just need to have your claim number ready. You can also view the payment amount, the date payments were issued, and the explanation of benefits on selected claims.
- Required documents for claims: Depending on the type and severity of the accident, you may need to provide some documents for your claim, such as:
- Names, phone numbers, mailing addresses, and email addresses of the other driver(s), all vehicle occupants, and witnesses
- Location of the incident
- Average claim approval time: The average claim approval time for Geico Casualty Company may vary depending on the complexity and circumstances of the claim. However, according to some sources, Geico usually issues a check within 48 hours after the accident investigation is completed. Payment recovery is the process of recovering your deductible and the amount Geico paid from the negligent party or their insurance company.
- Claim customer reviews: Geico Casualty Company has mixed customer reviews regarding its claim service. Some customers praise Geico for its affordable rates, easy online process, and fast payouts. Others complain about Geico’s poor customer service, low settlement offers, and lack of local agents. You can read some of the reviews on websites like Consumer Affairs, Trust Pilot, and Complaints Board.
- billion and a total revenue of $2.04 billion in 2023.
Geico Casualty Company Details:
- History and founding year: Geico Casualty Company is one of the subsidiaries of Geico, which stands for Government Employees Insurance Company. Geico was founded in 1936 by Leo Goodwin Sr.
- CEO and leadership team: Geico Casualty Company is part of the Geico group, which is led by Todd Combs as the president and CEO. The Geico group has 11 executives in its leadership team, including Damon Burrell (Chief Marketing Officer), Rynthia Rost (VP), and Tracy Brown (Head of Corporate HRBP Practice and Enterprise Talent Acquisition).
- Annual report: Geico Casualty Company does not publish its annual report, but its financial information is included in the annual report of Berkshire Hathaway, its parent company. The company also had premiums written of $1.03 billion and premiums earned of $1.02 billion.
- Financial stability ratings: Geico Casualty Company has high ratings for its financial strength and claims-paying ability from various rating agencies. According to the Geico website, the company has an A++ rating from A.M. Best, an AA+ rating from Standard and Poor’s, an Aa1 rating from Moody’s, and an AA- rating from Fitch.
- Market share and company size: Geico Casualty Company is part of the Geico group, which is the third-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, with a market share of 13.8% based on written premiums in 2020.
Company Customer Experiences:
- Customer reviews and ratings: Geico Casualty Company has mixed customer reviews and ratings from various sources. According to Nerd Wallet, Geico has 4.5 out of 5 ratings based on discounts, website transparency, financial strength, complaint data, and more. However, according to Consumer Affairs, Geico has a 2.9 out of 5 rating based on 4,775 reviews and ratings from verified customers.
- Testimonials: Some customers have shared positive testimonials about Geico Casualty Company on the web. For example, one customer said on NerdWallet: “I’ve had Geico auto insurance over 30 years, and I have found they are the easiest to deal with. Online or mobile app, it makes managing my payments and policy easy… customer service is always friendly and helpful.” Another customer said on U.S. News “Geico is the best insurance company I have ever had.
- Complaints and resolutions: Some customers have also expressed complaints and dissatisfaction with Geico Casualty Company on the web. For example, one customer said on Consumer Affairs: “Geico is a terrible company to deal with when you have a claim. They do not return calls, they do not follow up, they do not care about their customers.” This is unfair and unjustified.” Some complaints have been resolved by Geico’s customer service and support team, while others remain unresolved or unsatisfied.
Geico Casualty Online & Tech Features:
- Mobile app features and reviews: Geico Casualty Company offers a free mobile app for its customers, compatible with most Apple and Android devices. The app allows users to access and manage their policies, make payments, file claims, view digital ID cards, request roadside assistance, and more. The app also has a virtual assistant feature that can answer questions and provide guidance.
- Online account management: Geico Casualty Company also provides online account management through its website or the Express Services page. Customers can log in to their accounts to view their policy details, make changes, download documents, pay bills, and more. Customers can also sign up for online access and go paperless.
- Digital claim filing options: Geico Casualty Company offers various ways to file a claim online or through the app. Customers can report an incident, report glass-only damage, request roadside assistance, track a claim, and access the claims center. Customers can also use the Easy Photo Estimate feature to submit photos of their vehicle damage and get an estimate in about 20 minutes.
- Chat support or AI-assisted help: Geico Casualty Company provides chat support and AI-assisted help for its customers through different channels. Customers can use the live chat feature on the website to talk to a licensed agent about their auto policy service questions. Additionally, customers can contact Geico by email or phone for further assistance.
- Blog articles: Geico Casualty Company has a blog section on its website called GEICO Living, where it posts articles on various topics such as driving, home improvement, investing tips, fun facts, GEICO commercials, and more. Some of the recent blog articles are:
- How To Save Money On Gas: 9 Easy Tips
- 7 Ways To Make Your Home More Eco-Friendly
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About The GEICO Gecko®
- How-to guides: Geico Casualty Company also provides how-to guides for its customers on its website, such as how to file a claim, how to access your policy online, how to use the mobile app, and more. Some of the how-to guides are:
- How To File A Claim With GEICO
- How To Access Your Policy Online
- How To Use The GEICO Mobile App
- Insurance glossary: Geico Casualty Company also offers an insurance glossary on its website, where it explains the common terms and concepts related to insurance, such as deductible, liability, premium, and more. Some of the insurance glossary terms are:
- Deductible: The amount you agree to pay out of pocket for damage resulting from a specific loss or accident. Generally, choosing a higher deductible will lower your premium.
- Liability: Your legal responsibility for damages resulting from your actions or negligence. Liability insurance covers those damages as well as legal fees when you are sued.
- Webinars or workshops: Geico Casualty Company does not seem to offer webinars or workshops on its website. However, it does sponsor some educational programs and events for young drivers, such as the GEICO Teen Safe Driving Program and the GEICO Road Safety Bike Tour.
Geico Casualty Company Coverage Details:
- Policy exclusions: Geico Casualty Company’s policy may exclude certain types of losses or damages from coverage, depending on the type of policy and the state where it is issued. Some of the common exclusions are:
- Flood, earthquake, and other natural disasters
- Termites, insects, rats, mice, and other pests
- Freezing pipes while the house is unoccupied
- Coverage limits: Geico Casualty Company’s policy may have different coverage limits for different types of coverage. The coverage limits may vary by state and by policy. Some of the coverages and their limits are:
- Bodily Injury Liability: This coverage pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which the insured is at fault. The limit may be expressed as a single amount per occurrence or as a split limit per person and occurrence.
- Property Damage Liability: This coverage pays for damage to someone else’s property resulting from an accident for which the insured is at fault.
- Deductibles: Geico Casualty Company’s policy may have deductibles for certain coverages, such as collision and comprehensive. A deductible is the portion that the insured pays out of pocket before the insurance company pays the rest of a claim.
- Add-ons or riders: Geico Casualty Company’s policy may offer some add-ons or riders that provide additional or optional coverages for an extra cost. Some of the add-ons or riders are:
- Roadside assistance: This add-on provides coverage for emergency services such as towing, battery jump-start, flat tire change, lockout service, and fuel delivery. It covers up to $100 per incident.
- Accident forgiveness: This add-on prevents the premium from increasing after the first at-fault accident. It is available for drivers who have been accident-free for at least five years.
- Indeed! In addition to auto insurance, GEICO can help you with: Motorcycle, ATV, RV, and Boat insurance. Homeowners, Renters, Condo, Co-op, and Mobile Home insurance.
- GEICO was founded in 1936 by Leo Goodwin Sr. and his wife Lillian Goodwin to provide auto insurance directly to federal government employees and their families. Since 1925, Goodwin had worked for USAA, an insurer that specialized in insuring only military personnel.
- Geico’s success as an insurance company has come from offering consumers independence and low prices, as well as rolling out effective advertising campaigns that highlight savings.
- Based on GEICO’s 2018 figures of $33.63 billion in revenue and $2.449 billion in pre-tax income, GEICO today would be worth anywhere between $37.2 billion and $51.7 billion.
Hi there, I’m zack, and I’m an experienced blogger with a deep passion for technology. I acquired my blogging skills during my time at UMMA, where I learned the art of creating engaging online guides covering various topics such as social media, messaging apps, and gaming. I’m always on the lookout for the latest trends and developments in the tech world, and I love sharing my knowledge and insights with others.