Is Hagerty Insurance Legit?
Hagerty Insurance is a company that specializes in providing insurance for classic and collector cars.
But is Hagerty Insurance legit? How does it compare to other car insurance companies? What are the benefits and drawbacks of choosing Hagerty Insurance for your vintage vehicle?
In this article, we will answer these questions and more, based on the latest information available.
What is Hagerty Insurance?
Hagerty Insurance is a family-owned business that was founded in 1984 by Frank and Louise Hagerty.
The company started as a niche insurer for wooden boats but soon expanded to cover classic cars as well.
Today, Hagerty Insurance is one of the largest and most trusted providers of classic car insurance in the world, with over 1.6 million vehicles insured and a network of more than 30,000 agents.
How does Hagerty Insurance work?
Hagerty Insurance offers a different approach to car insurance than most other companies.
Instead of using the actual cash value or the replacement cost of the vehicle, Hagerty Insurance uses the agreed value of the vehicle.
This means that the insured and the insurer agree on a specific value for the vehicle at the time of the policy, and that is the amount that will be paid in case of a total loss.
This way, the insured can be sure that they will receive the full value of their classic car, without any depreciation or deductions.
What are the benefits of Hagerty Insurance?
Hagerty Insurance has many benefits for classic car owners, such as:
- Flexible coverage options: Hagerty Insurance allows the insured to choose the level of coverage that suits their needs, from liability only to comprehensive and collision. The insured can also adjust the mileage limit, the deductible, and the roadside assistance options.
- Expert claims service: Hagerty Insurance has a team of experts who are knowledgeable and passionate about classic cars, and who can handle claims quickly and fairly. The insured can also choose their own repair shop, or use Hagerty’s network of trusted specialists.
- Competitive rates: Hagerty Insurance offers affordable rates for classic car insurance, based on the agreed value of the vehicle and the usage of the vehicle. The insured can also save money by bundling their policies, by being a member of a car club, or by having a good driving record.
- Exclusive perks: Hagerty Insurance provides access to exclusive perks for classic car enthusiasts, such as Hagerty Drivers Club, Hagerty Valuation Tools, Hagerty Magazine, Hagerty Plus, and Hagerty DriveShare. These perks offer discounts, resources, events, and experiences for the insured and their vehicles.
What are the drawbacks of Hagerty Insurance?
Hagerty Insurance is not perfect, and it has some drawbacks that the insured should be aware of, such as:
- Eligibility requirements: Hagerty Insurance has strict eligibility requirements for the vehicles and the drivers that it insures. The vehicles must be in good condition, have a collectable value, and be used primarily for pleasure or hobby purposes. The drivers must have a good driving record, a regular-use vehicle, and a secure garage for the classic car.
- Limited coverage: Hagerty Insurance does not cover every type of classic car, and it does not cover every type of risk. For example, Hagerty Insurance does not cover modified vehicles, race cars, motorcycles, or RVs. It also does not cover damage caused by wear and tear, mechanical breakdown, or environmental factors.
- Customer service issues: Hagerty Insurance has received some complaints from customers about its customer service, especially regarding its online portal, its billing process, and its communication. Some customers have reported difficulties in accessing their accounts, making payments, or receiving updates on their claims.
Hagerty Insurance is a legit and reputable company that offers specialized insurance for classic and collector cars.
It has many benefits for classic car owners, such as flexible coverage options, expert claims service, competitive rates, and exclusive perks.
However, it also has some drawbacks, such as eligibility requirements, limited coverage, and customer service issues.
Therefore, before choosing Hagerty Insurance, the insured should compare it with other car insurance companies, and make sure that it meets their needs and expectations.
- Is Armed Forces Insurance Legit? Overview, Contacts, Claims, Affiliates, Services, Coverage details and Reviews
- Is Auto Digital Insurance Legit? Overview, Contacts, Claims, Affiliates, Benefits, and Reviews
- Is Hodinkee Insurance Legit? A Legit Option for Watch Insurance
- Is Globe Life Burial Insurance Legit? Financial Ratings, Claims, Reviews, Benefits and Drawbacks
Diana: An accomplished insurance expert
Diana is an accomplished insurance professional, holding a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Risk Management and Insurance) from the University of Central Missouri.
With a solid educational foundation, she has seamlessly blended her academic prowess with practical industry knowledge.
Diana’s specialization is in the following areas:
- Risk Management
- Insurance Policies Decoded
- Industry Trends and Insights
- Practical Tips for Policyholders
- Thoughtful Analysis of Insurance Markets
With over 5 years in the insurance sector, Diana’s professional journey has been a dynamic exploration of various domains.
Her roles have equipped her with a holistic understanding of the industry, from underwriting intricacies to claims processing efficiency.
Diana is committed to demystifying insurance for her readers.
Her articles serve as practical guides, empowering individuals and businesses to make informed decisions.
Join Diana on Medium