The manufacturer indicates that Saxenda’s list price is $1,349.02 for a 30-day supply.
However, the actual cost for each patient can vary based on factors such as insurance plans, assistance programs, and other considerations.
This article will explore the varying costs of Saxenda, delve into details about health insurance coverage, and discuss additional factors influencing the overall expense.
Lastly, it will provide insights into obtaining discounts on Saxenda.
How Much Does Saxenda Cost?
Does insurance cover Saxenda?
The coverage for Saxenda by insurance plans varies, and the best way to determine if your insurance covers it is to contact your insurance provider. Here is a summary of the general insurance coverage scenarios for Saxenda:
- Private or Commercial Insurance through Employer:
- Some plans might necessitate prior authorization from your healthcare provider.
- Generally, Medicare, including Medicare Part D, does not cover weight loss medications. However, if you have a Medigap or Medicare Advantage plan, Saxenda coverage might be a possibility. Contact your plan administrator for more information.
- Medicaid prescription drug coverage varies among states. Contact your state Medicaid program to determine if Saxenda is covered under your Medicaid plan.
- Veterans Administration (VA):
- The VA covers obesity, and you may be able to request coverage for Saxenda or other weight loss drugs.
- TRICARE does cover Saxenda in certain situations. If you have insurance through TRICARE, collaborate with your healthcare provider to request coverage for Saxenda.
For those without insurance, the Saxenda Savings Offer might provide a means to save on the medication.
Details about this option will be discussed further in the Saxenda Coupons section.
How to get insurance to cover Saxenda
Factors that Affect the Cost of Saxenda
Similar to other medications, the cost of Saxenda is influenced by several factors. These factors include:
- Your insurance coverage
- Your treatment plan
- The pharmacy you choose
- Eligibility for a savings program
- Your co-pay and/or deductible
- Out-of-pocket maximum
4 Strategies to Lower Saxenda Expenses
Saxenda, a prolonged treatment for weight loss, can accumulate costs rapidly. Employ these approaches to save on Saxenda expenses:
Utilize Saxenda Coupons:
If eligible for the Saxenda Savings Offer by Novo Nordisk, individuals may pay as little as $25 for a 30-day supply.
This coupon is accessible to those with private or commercial insurance and a valid Saxenda prescription.
Opt for a 3-Month Supply:
Purchasing a 90-day (3-month) supply can be a more cost-effective option for certain medications, saving on both expenses and the inconvenience of frequent pharmacy visits.
The Saxenda Savings Offer also extends to a 3-day supply, potentially reducing the cost to as low as $75 for three Saxenda boxes.
Compare Prices Across Pharmacies:
It is crucial to comprehend the process of accessing insurance coverage for Saxenda.
These medications can incur significant expenses, particularly with regular, long-term use spanning months or years.
Familiarizing yourself with available options is the most effective means to utilize any available assistance and reduce these costs whenever feasible.
Bonventure Hillman: Risk Management & Analysis Specialist
- Risk Management Strategy
- Data-Driven Insights
- Financial Planning Solutions
- Skilled analyst tackling complex risk management scenarios.
- Joined the Insurance Blob in 2023, contributing beyond reporting.
- Transforms data into actionable insights for diverse audiences.
- Dedicated to accuracy and strategic thinking, he is a valuable asset to the team.
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science, Arkansas Tech University, USA.
Reach him out on social media