MSA Insurance Company: Your Trusted Partner for Protection and Peace of Mind.
Looking for a dependable and budget-friendly insurance provider in South Carolina?
Consider MSA Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Main Street America Insurance.
MSA Insurance Company specializes in excess and surplus lines insurance for Florida commercial insureds but also offers a range of insurance products and services in South Carolina.
In this blog, I will provide you with a comprehensive overview of MSA Insurance Company South Carolina, covering its history, offerings, claims, and customer feedback.
Let’s dive in!
History and Founding Year:
MSA insurance company, founded in 1993, operates as a stock insurance company in South Carolina.
It is part of Main Street America Insurance, which originated in 1923 with the establishment of National Grange Mutual Insurance Company (NGM) to offer affordable insurance to Grange Fraternity members in New Hampshire.
Today, Main Street America Insurance provides a wide array of commercial and personal insurance, along with fidelity and surety bond products, serving individuals, families, and businesses across the United States.
The company writes over $1.1 billion in annual premiums exclusively through independent insurance agents.
CEO and Leadership Team:
The CEO and president of Main Street America Insurance is Christopher J. Listau, who joined the company in 2018 after serving as president of American Family Insurance’s commercial-farm/ranch division.
The leadership team of Main Street America Insurance comprises senior vice presidents, vice presidents, and directors overseeing various functions and departments.
Market Share and Company Size:
The company operates in 37 states, employing more than 800 individuals.
Main Street America Insurance boasts an “A” (Excellent) Financial Strength Rating and a Stable Outlook, along with an “a+” Issuer Credit Rating from A.M. Best, a leading rating organization in the insurance industry.
In 2018, Main Street America Insurance merged with American Family Insurance, the nation’s 13th-largest property/casualty insurance group, becoming the enterprise’s channel for product distribution through independent agents.
Here is some essential information:
|P.O. Box 2002 Keene NH 03431-2002
|Customer Service Contact
|Access your policy information online by logging in to your account or registering here
|Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
Services & Products
Some of the types of insurance offered by MSA Insurance Company South Carolina are:
- Auto insurance: Covers liability for bodily injury, property damage, medical expenses, and damage to your vehicle in case of an accident.
Optional coverages include collision, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist, rental reimbursement, towing and labor, and roadside assistance.
- Home insurance: Protects your home and personal property from losses due to fire, theft, vandalism, weather, and other perils.
Additional coverages include personal liability, medical payments, loss of use, identity theft protection, water backup, equipment breakdown, and scheduled personal property.
- Life insurance: Provides financial security for your loved ones in case of your passing. Choose from term life, whole life, universal life, or variable universal life policies to align with your goals and budget.
- Business insurance: Covers business assets and liabilities, protecting against risks such as property damage, liability claims, workers’ compensation, business interruption, cyber liability, and professional liability.
MSA Insurance Company South Carolina also offers special packages and bundled services that can save you money and simplify your insurance needs.
Examples include discounts for combining auto and home insurance, business owner’s policies, and farm owner’s policies.
While MSA Insurance Company South Carolina doesn’t provide international coverage, it has a network of partner companies that can offer insurance solutions in other countries.
You can contact your agent or the company for more information.
MSA Insurance Company South Carolina doesn’t offer temporary or short-term policies, but it allows you to adjust your coverage and limits to match your changing needs.
Reach out to your agent or the company to make any policy modifications.
When selecting an insurance provider, one of the most critical considerations is the cost of the premium.
MSA Insurance Company South Carolina strives to offer competitive and affordable rates.
Premium costs vary based on factors like coverage type and amount, deductible, location, insured’s age and driving record, property or vehicle value and condition, among others.
To determine your insurance policy’s cost, you can request a free quote online or contact an agent.
MSA Insurance Company South Carolina also offers various payment options to make premium payments more convenient.
You can choose to pay monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.
Payment methods include check, credit card, debit card, electronic funds transfer (EFT), and online bill pay. You can even set up automatic payments to avoid late fees and penalties.
Moreover, MSA Insurance Company South Carolina provides discounts and promotional offers to help reduce the cost of your insurance policy.
Available discounts include multi-policy, safe driver, good student, home security, and loyalty discounts.
The company maintains a claim payout ratio of 64.7%, which means it pays out 64.7 cents for every premium dollar collected.
This figure is slightly below the industry average of 67.2%, indicating that MSA Insurance Company South Carolina is financially stable and profitable.
Another crucial factor to contemplate when choosing an insurance provider is the extent and scope of coverage.
MSA Insurance Company South Carolina offers comprehensive and flexible coverage options tailored to your specific requirements and preferences.
However, it’s important to be aware of policy exclusions, coverage limits, and optional add-ons or riders before purchasing a policy.
Policy exclusions are situations or events not covered by your insurance policy.
Some common exclusions in MSA Insurance Company South Carolina policies are:
- Intentional acts or fraud by the insured or anyone acting on their behalf
- War, terrorism, nuclear hazard, or government action
- Wear and tear, deterioration, or mechanical breakdown
- Mold, fungus, or wet rot
- Earth movement or flood
- Pollution or contamination
- Business or professional activities
- Racing or stunting
Coverage limits represent the maximum amount your insurance policy will pay for a covered loss.
These limits vary depending on the type and amount of coverage you select.
- Auto insurance in South Carolina includes a minimum liability coverage limit of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident for bodily injury, as well as $25,000 per accident for property damage.
- Home insurance dwelling coverage limits are based on the replacement cost of your home.
- Life insurance has a minimum coverage limit of $25,000.
You have the option to choose higher coverage limits for enhanced protection, but this will result in higher premiums.
In addition to standard coverage, MSA Insurance Company South Carolina offers optional add-ons or riders for an additional cost, such as accident forgiveness, roadside assistance, and identity theft protection.
In the event of a covered loss, you can follow these steps to file a claim with MSA Insurance Company South Carolina:
- Contact your agent or the company as soon as possible to report the claim. You can reach out via the toll-free number (877) 425-2467, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or file a claim online by logging into your account or using the mobile app.
- Provide the necessary information and documents for your claim, including your policy number, contact details, date and location of the loss, description and photos of the damage, police report, receipts, estimates, and any relevant documents.
- Collaborate with the claims adjuster, who will investigate your claim and determine the compensation amount you are entitled to. The adjuster may contact you via phone, email, or in-person visit. Additional information or documents may be requested if necessary.
- Upon approval and finalization of your claim, you will receive your claim payment, delivered by check, direct deposit, or electronic funds transfer (EFT) according to your preference.
The average claim approval time for MSA Insurance Company South Carolina is 10 business days, although it may vary based on the complexity and severity of your claim.
You can check your claim’s status online or contact your agent or the company for updates.
Legal & Compliance
Here are some key legal and compliance aspects to keep in mind when dealing with MSA Insurance Company South Carolina:
- Terms and Conditions: This section defines the terms and conditions governing your use of MSA Insurance Company South Carolina’s website, mobile app, and online services.
- Licensing: MSA Insurance Company South Carolina is licensed to operate in South Carolina and other states where it offers its products and services.
Renewals & Cancellations
- Policy renewal process: Your policy will be automatically renewed at the end of each term unless you instruct MSA Insurance Company South Carolina otherwise.
A renewal notice will be sent before your policy expires, providing your new premium amount and any coverage changes.
You can review and adjust your policy online or by contacting your agent or the company.
Payment for your renewal premium can be made online or through the aforementioned payment options.
- Cancellation policy and fees: You can cancel your policy at any time by notifying MSA Insurance Company South Carolina in writing or by calling (800) 258-5310.
Cancellation results in a prorated refund of unused premium, with potential fees or charges dependent on the type of policy, reason for cancellation, and your state of residence. For example:
- Auto policy cancellations within 60 days of inception may incur a 10% short-rate fee on the earned premium.
- Home policy cancellations within 90 days of inception may entail a minimum earned premium of $100.
- Life policy cancellations within 30 days of inception may include a 10% surrender charge on the cash value.
Grace periods: MSA Insurance Company South Carolina acknowledges that unforeseen circumstances may lead to late payments.
Therefore, it offers grace periods to allow for late payments without coverage interruption.
Grace periods vary depending on the policy type and your state of residence.
- Auto policies grant a 10-day grace period after the due date.
- Home policies allow a 31-day grace period after the due date.
- Life policies provide a 60-day grace period after the due date.
Failure to pay your premium within the grace period could result in policy cancellation for non-payment, potentially leading to a loss of coverage.
MSA Insurance Company South Carolina not only serves as an insurance provider but also as a community with shared vision and values.
The company culture of MSA Insurance Company South Carolina is rooted in four core values:
- Integrity: MSA Insurance Company South Carolina conducts its dealings with honesty, fairness, and respect when interacting with customers, agents, employees, and partners.
- Excellence: The company strives to provide high-quality products and services that meet or exceed the expectations of its customers, agents, employees, and partners.
- Innovation: MSA Insurance Company South Carolina embraces change and actively seeks new ways to enhance its products, services, processes, and performance.
- Commitment: The company is dedicated to fulfilling its promises and obligations to its customers, agents, employees, and partners.
Furthermore, MSA Insurance Company South Carolina supports various causes and initiatives that benefit the communities in which it operates.
The company actively participates in charitable giving, volunteerism, environmental sustainability, diversity and inclusion, and education.
Customer Feedback and Reviews
- Positive Review: “I’ve been with MSA Insurance Company for over a decade, and I’ve had nothing but positive experiences. They are consistently friendly, helpful, and responsive.
With great rates and coverage options, I highly recommend them to anyone seeking insurance.” – John S., 5 stars on Google
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers:
Q: How can I find an agent near me?
A: You can locate a nearby agent using the agent locator tool on the company’s website here. You can search by zip code or city/state and filter your search by product type or agency name.
Q: How do I update my address or personal information?
A: You can modify your address or other personal information by logging into your account here, or by contacting your agent or the company via phone or email.
- Premier Group Insurance Company, Tennessee: Overview, Phone Number, Email Address, Claims, Coverage, Company Culture & Customer Reviews
- Ohio State Life Insurance Company, Texas: Outline, Contacts, Financial Considerations, Coverage, Claims & Customer Reviews
- Ohio Security Insurance Company, New Hampshire: Overview, Contacts, Financial Considerations, Services, Coverage, Claims & Company Culture
- Ohio Mutual Insurance Company, Ohio: Overview, Address, Services, Finances, Coverage, Claims & Customer Reviews
Insurance Writer, Insurance Blob
Former Insurance Writer, New York Times
JOINED INSURANCE BLOB
Benson Clyde, an experienced Insurance Writer at Insurance Blob, brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the realm of insurance. With a distinguished background as a former Insurance Writer at the New York Times, Benson’s writing journey has been marked by a commitment to providing valuable insights and information to a wide audience.
Benson’s writing career took a significant turn when he joined the esteemed New York Times as an Insurance Writer. During his tenure, he honed his skills in producing insightful and informative content related to the insurance industry, gaining recognition for his ability to break down complex concepts for readers.
In May 2023, Benson Clyde transitioned to Insurance Blob, marking a new chapter in his commitment to delivering high-quality and engaging insurance content. His experience and expertise contribute to the platform’s mission of educating and empowering readers with valuable insurance insights.