If you are a Catholic entity looking for a reliable and trustworthy partner to help you with your insurance and risk management needs, you might want to consider The National Catholic RRG Inc.
This is a company that has been serving the Catholic Church for over three decades with one of the best programs in the country.
In this blog, we will tell you more about who they are, what they do, and how they can benefit you.
We will also introduce you to their VIRTUS® Programs, which are leading the way in providing safe environment services for the Church and beyond.
Read on to find out why National Catholic is the right choice for you.
National Catholic RRG Inc. Overview
The National Catholic Risk Retention Group, Inc. (National Catholic) is a company that provides insurance and risk management services to Catholic entities in the U.S.
It has three main divisions: National Catholic, which is the parent company and the insurer; National Catholic Services, LLC (NCS), which is the management company and the administrator; and NCS Risk Services, LLC, which is the consulting company and the provider of VIRTUS® Programs.
The company is governed by two boards: the Board of Directors of National Catholic, which oversees the insurance operations; and the Board of Governors of NCS, which oversees the management and consulting operations.
The company has recently appointed a new President and Chief Executive Officer, Dennis H. O’Hara, ARM, who will lead the company’s strategic vision and direction.
Mr. O’Hara has over 30 years of experience in the insurance and risk management industry, and has served as the Executive Director of the Catholic Mutual Relief Society of America.
He will also be the President of NCS and NCS Risk Services, and will oversee the operations and development of these two subsidiaries.
Mr. O’Hara is a well-respected leader and a committed Catholic, and he brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the company.
The company is confident that he will continue to uphold the company’s mission and values, and to serve the Catholic Church with excellence and integrity.
National Catholic RRG Inc. Contacts
|801 Warrenville Road, Suite 620
|Lisle, IL 60532-4348
|Toll Free: 877-486-2774
National Catholic RRG Services
The National Catholic Risk Retention Group, Inc. (National Catholic) is a company that offers liability insurance and risk management services to Catholic entities in the U.S.
The company is licensed in Vermont and operates as a risk retention group under the federal law.
It started its operations in 1988 and now covers a variety of exposures for the Catholic Church in 21 states.
The company works with local agents, national brokers, insurers and self-insurance programs to provide its services.
National Catholic offers two main programs:
- Basic Program: This program provides $750,000 excess of $250,000 Excess Liability coverage on either a claims-made or an occurrence basis, depending on the participant’s choice. The program also includes Directors’ & Officers’ Liability and Sexual Misconduct Limited coverage. The participants can choose different retention limits according to their needs.
- Excess Program: This program provides up to $14,000,000 excess of $1,000,000 Excess Liability coverage, following the same form as the Basic Program. However, this program does not automatically include Directors’ & Officers’ Liability or Sexual Misconduct Limited coverage. These coverages may be available upon request and underwriting analysis.
The company’s shareholders have their own anniversary-expiration date for coverage, which means they can renew their policies at different times.
The company aims to provide affordable and customized insurance and risk management solutions for the Catholic Church in the U.S.
National Catholic RRG Inc. Benefits
The National Catholic Risk Retention Group, Inc. (National Catholic) is a company that offers more than just insurance and risk management services to Catholic entities in the U.S.
The company also has a long history of providing effective and stable risk-transfer solutions for the Catholic Church.
- Free Litigation Planning and Management Consultation Services: This service helps the insureds and their defense counsel to coordinate with National Catholic and to achieve a fair, compassionate and just claim resolution in a cost-effective way.
- Free Risk Management and Legal Defense Workshops: These workshops are open to all Church representatives, regardless of their affiliation with National Catholic. The workshops are conducted by experts and cover topics such as claims management, legal defense, and best practices. The workshops are highly rated by the attendees and have been praised by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- VIRTUS®: This is the most widely used and recognized safe environment program for the Church. It includes training and certification for adults and students on how to protect children and vulnerable adults from abuse and harm. It also covers issues such as cyber-bullying, bullying prevention, and vulnerable adult protection. The program is accessible online and has reached people in almost two hundred countries.
These are some of the benefits that National Catholic offers to its clients and partners. The company is committed to serving the Catholic Church with excellence and integrity.
National Catholic RRG Coverage
- Teaching and Research Laboratory Pollution Coverage: This coverage protects the insured from the liability arising from the release of pollutants from teaching and research laboratories, such as chemicals, biological agents, or radioactive materials.
- Landscaping and Agricultural Chemical Drift Coverage: This coverage protects the insured from the liability arising from the accidental drift of chemicals or agricultural products, such as pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers, from the intended target area to a neighboring property or area.
- Fungal Pathogen Coverage: This coverage protects the insured from the liability arising from the exposure to or infection by fungal pathogens, such as mold, mildew, or fungi, that may cause bodily injury or property damage.
- Lead Hazard Coverage: This coverage protects the insured from the liability arising from the presence of lead or lead-based paint in the insured’s premises or operations.
- Limited Professional Health Care Services Coverage: This coverage protects the insured from the liability arising from the provision of limited professional health care services, such as counseling, nursing, or pastoral care, by the insured or its employees or volunteers.
- Diocesan Review Board Coverage: This coverage covers the insured’s liability for the diocesan review board’s acts or omissions. The bishop appoints the diocesan review board to advise him on sexual abuse allegations against clergy or other Church personnel.
- Innocent Person Defense Costs Reimbursement Coverage: This coverage pays back the defense costs of an innocent person whom the insured or its employees or volunteers falsely accuse of sexual misconduct or other wrongful acts.
Volunteer Attorney’s Errors and Omissions Liability Coverage
This coverage protects the insured from the liability arising from the errors or omissions of volunteer attorneys who provide pro bono legal services to the insured or its beneficiaries.
- Computer-Related/Cyber Liability Coverage: This coverage protects the insured from the liability arising from the use or misuse of computers, networks, or electronic data, such as hacking, cyberattacks, data breaches, or identity theft.
- Drone-Related Liability Coverage: This coverage protects the insured from the liability arising from the use or operation of drones, such as personal injury, property damage, or invasion of privacy.
- Sexual Misconduct Limited Coverage: This coverage provides full policy limits for the liability arising from sexual misconduct or abuse by the insured or its employees or volunteers, which was not available when TNCRRG first offered it.
The company also offered Directors’ & Officers’ (D&O) coverage, athletic participation coverage, and Employment Practices Liability (EPL) coverage at no or low premium charge, when these coverages were either unavailable or unaffordable in the market.
The company has never restricted or reduced previously granted coverage in its policy forms, but only expanded and enhanced them.
- LUBA Casualty Insurance Company, Louisiana: Overview, Services, Coverages, Claims, Reviews
- Rural Trust Insurance Company(Texas), Contact Information, Services, Ratings, benefits, And Claims
- Dan Risk Retention Group, Inc. South Carolina(SC)
I’m Jose, a business enthusiast and an expert in the insurance field. As a graduate of Eastern University in Business Administration, I have gained significant knowledge insurance. Join me as we delve into everything you need to know about insurance.