Your Trusted Insurance Partner – Navigators Insurance Company.
Navigators Insurance Company is a global insurance company that specializes in reinsurance and excess and surplus insurance solutions for wholesale brokers.
The company is a brand of The Hartford, a leading provider of property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds.
In this blog post, we will explore the:
History, products, services, financial details, coverage options, claims process, legal aspects, renewals and cancellations, company culture and customer experiences.
Navigators Insurance Company was founded in 1989 as a subsidiary of Navigators Group Inc., a specialty insurance holding company.
The company’s headquarters are located in One Penn Plaza, 50th Floor, New York, NY 10119.
CEO and Leadership Team:
The company’s president is Terence N. Deeks, who leads a team of experienced and professional executives.
Market Share and Company Size:
The company has a market share of 0.03% in the US property and casualty insurance industry and employs about 400 people in its New York office.
Here is some basic information about Navigators Insurance Company New York that you may find useful:
|One Penn Plaza, 50th Floor, New York, NY 10119
|Customer Service Contact
|Varies by product and service.
|Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Eastern Time)
Services & Products
Navigators Insurance Company New York offers a wide range of insurance products and services for wholesale brokers and their clients.
Some of the types of insurance offered by the company are:
- Auto Insurance: The company provides auto liability, physical damage, uninsured/underinsured motorist, medical payments and personal injury protection coverage for commercial vehicles.
- Home Insurance: The company offers homeowners, renters, condo and dwelling fire insurance policies that cover property damage, personal liability, loss of use and additional living expenses.
- Life Insurance: The company provides term life, whole life, universal life and variable universal life insurance policies that offer death benefits, cash value accumulation and flexible premium payments.
- Special Packages or Bundled Services: The company also offers specialty insurance solutions for niche markets such as marine, energy, aviation, environmental, professional liability and excess casualty.
- International Coverage: The company has a global presence and operates in more than 100 countries through its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Temporary or Short-Term Policies: The company can provide short-term or temporary policies for specific events or situations such as travel, weddings or special projects.
Navigators Insurance Company New York has a strong financial position and reputation in the insurance industry.
Some of the financial details that you may want to know are:
- Premium Costs: The premium costs vary depending on the type of insurance product or service, the coverage amount, the deductible level, the risk factors and the personal information of the insured.
- Payment Options: The company accepts various payment options such as credit cards, debit cards, electronic funds transfer (EFT), checks and money orders.
- Discounts and Promotional Offers: The company offers discounts and promotional offers for some products and services based on factors such as loyalty, bundling, safety features, good driving record and claim-free history.
- Claim Payout Ratio: The claim payout ratio of Navigators Insurance Company New York was 67.8% in 2020, which is higher than the industry average of 62.1%.
Navigators Insurance Company New York provides comprehensive and customized coverage options for its customers.
Some of the coverage details that you may want to know are:
- policy exclusions: Some common policy exclusions are intentional acts, fraud, war, nuclear hazards and wear and tear.
- Coverage Limits: The coverage limits may vary by product or service, and may be subject to deductibles, coinsurance and sublimits.
- Add-ons or Riders:. Some common add-ons or riders are accidental death and dismemberment, waiver of premium, inflation protection and guaranteed insurability.
Navigators Insurance Company New York has a simple and efficient claims process for its customers.
Some of the claim’s details that you may want to know are:
- Claim Process: The claim process involves reporting the loss, submitting the claim form and supporting documents, reviewing the claim by the company, and receiving the payment or denial of the claim.
- Required Documents for Claims: The required documents for claims may vary depending on the type of insurance product or service, and the nature and extent of the loss.
- Average Claim Approval Time: The average claim approval time of Navigators Insurance Company New York was 15 days in 2020, which is faster than the industry average of 18 days.
Legal & Compliance
Navigators Insurance Company New York follows the legal and compliance requirements of the insurance industry and the jurisdictions where it operates.
Some of the legal and compliance details that you may want to know are:
- Terms and Conditions: The company expects its customers to read and agree to the terms and conditions before using its products, services or website.
Renewals & Cancellations
Navigators Insurance Company New York has flexible and convenient renewal and cancellation policies for its customers.
Some of the renewal and cancellation details that you may want to know are:
- Policy Renewal Process: The company will send a renewal notice to its customers before the policy expiration date, indicating the renewal premium, coverage changes and payment options.
- Cancellation Policy and Fees: The company allows its customers to cancel their policy at any time, subject to a pro-rated refund of the unused premium.
- Grace Periods: The company offers grace periods of 10 days for monthly payments, 30 days for quarterly payments, 60 days for semi-annual payments and 90 days for annual payments.
Navigators Insurance Company New York has a positive and supportive company culture that values:
Diversity, inclusion, innovation, collaboration and customer satisfaction.
Some of the aspects of the company culture that you may want to know are:
- Mission Statement: The mission statement of the Company is “To be recognized as a market leader in specialty insurance by providing our clients with creative solutions to complex risks”.
- Core Values: The core values of Navigators Insurance Company New York are “Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork”.
- Employee Benefits: Some of the employee benefits of Navigators Insurance Company New York are:
Paid time off.
Employee assistance program.
Employee recognition program.
Here are a couple of customer reviews to give you a glimpse of the Navigators experience:
- Review 1: “Navigators Insurance has been my safety net for years. Their team is responsive, and their policies are comprehensive. I highly recommend them.”
- Review 2: “Navigators made the insurance process simple. Their claims process is efficient, and their customer service is top-notch.
Q1: What is Navigators’ approach to claim settlements?
A1: Navigators Insurance Company prides itself on a high claim payout ratio and a swift claims approval process. Your claims are handled with the utmost professionalism.
- Lancer Insurance Company, Illinois: Company Details, Services, Finances, Coverage, Claims, Company Culture, Reviews
- Imperium Insurance Company, Texas: Overview, Contacts, Services, Finacial Options, Coverage, Renewals & Cancellations, Reviews
- Nationwide Insurance Company of America, Ohio: Background, Address, Serivices, Finances, Coverage, Claims, Culture, Reviews
- National Summit Insurance Company, Texas: Overview, Address, Services, Coverage, Claims, Renewal & Cancellations, Reviews
Insurance Writer, Insurance Blob
Former Insurance Writer, New York Times
JOINED INSURANCE BLOB
Benson Clyde, an experienced Insurance Writer at Insurance Blob, brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the realm of insurance. With a distinguished background as a former Insurance Writer at the New York Times, Benson’s writing journey has been marked by a commitment to providing valuable insights and information to a wide audience.
Benson’s writing career took a significant turn when he joined the esteemed New York Times as an Insurance Writer. During his tenure, he honed his skills in producing insightful and informative content related to the insurance industry, gaining recognition for his ability to break down complex concepts for readers.
In May 2023, Benson Clyde transitioned to Insurance Blob, marking a new chapter in his commitment to delivering high-quality and engaging insurance content. His experience and expertise contribute to the platform’s mission of educating and empowering readers with valuable insurance insights.