But is Family First Life insurance trustworthy?
How does its operation function, and what are the advantages and disadvantages associated with purchasing a policy from them?
In this article, we will answer these questions and more, based on our research and analysis of the company and its products.
What is Family First Life Insurance?
Family First Life, also known as “FFL,” stands as one of the largest insurance agencies in the United States.
They hold licenses in all states, allowing them to market and sell various insurance products, including:
While their main offerings include final expense insurance and “mortgage protection insurance,” it’s crucial to note that Family First Life functions as an insurance broker rather than a provider.
In this capacity, they collaborate with multiple insurance carriers like Mutual of Omaha, Americo, Transamerica, and AIG.
This enables them to present a diverse range of products, giving customers the flexibility to compare plans and select the one that aligns with their specific needs and financial considerations.
Who owns Family First Life Insurance?
Established in 2013 by Shawn Meaike, a former educator and social worker turned accomplished insurance agent, Family First Life was founded to enhance opportunities for both agents and clients within the insurance industry.
Functioning as an independent agency, Family First Life distinguishes itself by not being owned by any specific insurance carrier.
Instead, it operates on a multi-level marketing (MLM) model, enabling agents to recruit others and earn commissions from their sales.
The company asserts that it provides industry-leading compensation, offering agents commissions of up to 145%.
How to Know That Family First Life Insurance is Legit?
Family First Life is a lawful and properly licensed business, holding registrations with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
Although it boasts an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), it is not accredited by the BBB.
While its legitimacy is affirmed, it’s crucial to note that Family First Life may not be the optimal choice for everyone.
As an MLM business, its primary focus is on recruiting and training agents rather than providing comprehensive consumer information.
Agents operate on a commission-based structure, potentially impacting their recommendations and sales approaches.
Additionally, the available products vary by provider and may not be accessible in certain states.
Consequently, conducting thorough research, comparing policies, and scrutinizing the details of any chosen policy, including:
- premium rates
- surrender charges
Family First Life Insurance Agent
If you aspire to become a Family First Life insurance agent, certain prerequisites must be met, including:
- Possession of a valid insurance license in your state
- Successful completion of a background check and drug test
- Fulfillment of online training and certification courses
- Payment of a one-time fee of $250 for the CRM system and leads
As a Family First Life agent, you can avail yourself of:
- Diverse products from various carriers
- A competitive commission rate, reaching up to 145%
- A flexible schedule and work environment
- Support from a collaborative team and mentorship
- Opportunities for bonuses and incentives
- Prospects for expanding your agency and recruiting other agents
However, it is crucial to acknowledge the challenges and risks associated with being a Family First Life agent, including:
- Personal responsibility for leads, marketing, and travel expenses
- Navigating competition and potential rejection
- Adherence to the insurance industry’s rules and regulations
- Management of customer service and claims-related matters
- Coping with the pressure and stress tied to sales quotas and performance expectations
What is the Claims Process Like for Family First Life Insurance?
As Family First Life functions as an insurance broker rather than a provider, the procedure for claims is contingent on the specific carrier that underwrote your policy.
To initiate a claim, you must directly reach out to the respective carrier and adhere to their prescribed instructions.
Nonetheless, Family First Life asserts the presence of a specialized claims department committed to aiding you and your beneficiaries throughout the claims process.
They also maintain that their claims procedure is expeditious and uncomplicated, with the majority of claims settled within a 24-hour timeframe
How Does Family First Life Insurance Work?
Family First Life Insurance operates by linking you with an agent who assists in identifying the most suitable policy for your requirements.
You can request a quote through an online platform or by phone, prompting the agent to reach out for a discussion about your options.
During this process, the agent will inquire about your age, health, income, family situation, and objectives.
Subsequently, they will present various plans from different carriers, enabling you to compare features and prices before selecting the preferred option.
The agent will then aid you in completing the application, which will be submitted to the carrier for assessment.
The approval process may entail a medical examination or health-related queries based on the coverage type and amount you seek.
The carrier will evaluate your application, deciding whether to accept, decline, or propose an alternative rate.
Upon approval, you will receive your policy documents, initiating the commencement of premium payments.
What are the Pros and Cons of Family First Life Insurance?
Family First Life insurance comes with both advantages and disadvantages that should be carefully weighed before making a policy purchase.
Here is an overview of the pros and cons associated with Family First Life insurance:
- Diverse Carrier Partnerships: First Life collaborates with multiple insurance carriers, providing a wide array of coverage options to align with your specific needs.
- Variety of life insurance Options: With partnerships across several carriers, there is a broad spectrum of life insurance options, including whole, universal, final expense, mortgage protection, and annuities.
- Strong Financial Strength Ratings: Most of Family First Life’s carrier partners boast robust ratings from AM Best, signifying their capacity to fulfill financial obligations and meet claim payments.
- Agent-Centric Website Focus: As an MLM business, Family First Life places significant emphasis on recruiting and training agents who subsequently sell life insurance policies. The website lacks comprehensive information about products, carriers, or customer service, as it is primarily geared toward agent recruitment.
- Limited Availability in Certain States: Product offerings vary by provider and may not be accessible in certain states.
- Potential Agent Bias or Aggressiveness: Operating on commission, agents may be influenced by financial incentives, potentially compromising impartiality. There is a risk of agents promoting policies unsuitable for your needs or pressuring you to purchase excessive coverage.
Family First Life Insurance Employee Reviews
If you’re interested in understanding the agent experience at Family First Life, you can explore employee reviews on platforms like Indeed, Glassdoor, or Trustpilot.
These reviews offer valuable insights into aspects such as:
- company culture
Nevertheless, exercising caution and critical evaluation is crucial when perusing these reviews, as some may exhibit bias or lack authenticity.
Certain reviews might be authored by agents with a recruitment agenda or by dissatisfied individuals expressing discontent with their experiences.
It is advisable to seek detailed, balanced, and verified reviews and cross-reference them with alternative information sources for a comprehensive understanding.
First Life is a genuine insurance broker providing a range of life insurance products from various carriers.
While it is not a fraudulent entity, it may not be the optimal choice for every individual.
It is recommended to conduct thorough research and assess different policies before purchasing Family First Life.
Additionally, individuals considering becoming agents should carefully weigh the pros and cons, and scrutinize employee reviews for a comprehensive understanding.
- In-depth Knowledge: Knight boasts extensive expertise in various insurance domains, making him a go-to authority on InsuranceBlob.com.
- Renowned Expertise: Renowned for his systematic research, clear writing, and practical advice, Knight consistently delivers valuable insights tailored to your insurance needs.
- Solid Foundation: With a bachelor’s degree in political science and sociology, Knight brings a unique perspective and wealth of experience to his insurance writing.
- Real-World Insights: Knight’s diverse academic background and real-world understanding ensure the platform remains a reliable source for insightful and practical information.
Why choose Knight?
- Impartiality and Accuracy: Knight delivers unbiased and comprehensive information on various insurance products, helping you make informed decisions.
- Tailored Content: Whether you’re a seasoned insurance professional or starting your journey, Knight’s content caters to your specific needs and knowledge level.
- Valuable Insights: Gain valuable insights that empower you to navigate the complex world of insurance with confidence.